My grandma and grandpa Kelly celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on July 3rd. We went to South Dakota to celebrate with them! It was a short trip, but a fun one. We drove from Rigby to Keystone the first day and got to explore Deadwood and watch a shoot out. Although my camera was still packed in the car so I don't have pictures of that. The hotel we stayed at in Keystone was huge! It had two beds, bunk beds and also the couch could be made into a bed. The next day we went to see Mount Rushmore, Bear Country, Reptile Gardens, ate lunch/dinner in Rapid with my cousin Chelsea and then road the rest of the way to Pierre. Here are some pictures from our trip!
Here is a waterfall that we seen that was just off the road
Mount Rushmore
Above: This is one of my favorites!!
Bear Country
Elk
Reindeer
Bear through the fence
Goat
Funny story: So, this black bear was 'guarding' the entrance. He would walk back and forth in front of each and every car that would try to pass.
This bear was just lazy, he was scratching his belly.
This brown bear loved the water! His head was the only thing pocking out of the water!
This bear was gorgeous!! It was golden and huge!
Grizzly
Cole is such a character!!
Grizzly
Badger
Ground Hog
Lynx
The cubs!! They were so cute and playful!
My Family! Except Karli :( we missed her!
2 Arctic Wolves and 2 Timber Wolves
They were so cute!!!
South Dakota is so beautiful! Mountains and rolling hills!
Ottters
Alexie & Dad
Stone & Mom
Reptile Gardens
This guy was trying to show us how to wrestle an alligator/crocodile. He was dragging him into a certain position and then the animal would walk away, so he would drag him back, that happened a few times and he obviously got tired.
Cole LOVED it!! I loved seeing how much my younger siblings loved every thing!
Then these three decided to get really close to the guy while he was explaining things to us.
Getting some food
So, when it is time to feed them, the trainers will always carry the food in the green bucket pictured above and then hit it with a stick. When he did that all of them immediately moved and got ready to eat, haha (picture below).
This one looked like it was staring right at us! And he looks mean, haha!
Cole, Stone, Jesi, Alexie
At the end of the show they each got to pet and hold the baby. This one I believe is 2 years, but I could be wrong. Look at their smiles! They loved this!
The turtles
This tortoise is 107, I believe
This one above is 50, I think
The next few pictures are from inside the dome.
Just look at those colors!
I love that blue color
These last couple pictures are of South Dakota, it is seriously so beautiful!!
I didn't take any pictures of my grandparents getting blessed and their reception or of the 4th of July. Bummer! But they were very fun-filled days and not long enough!
I hope you enjoyed the pictures!































No comments:
Post a Comment